The reward pathway gives you a satisfaction after the consumption of a tasty food and/ or beverage. Eventually your brain will tell you that you need more since it makes you feel better and get through the day. I believe the same principles apply to the use of illegal substances and alcohol. comsuming those substances make you feel good and will leave you wanting more eventually.
How do you think the functioning of the reward pathway could contribute to drug addiction? The functioning of the reward pathway can contribute to drug addiction in many different ways. One way would be that after you have tried drug for the first time your brain wants more and more of it. It wants to make you feel good, and want to feel the same high over and over again. As you repeatedly take this drug your damaging your brain cells, but you might not care. Drug addiction is like a baby always wanting something to bite on when their little.
The function of the reward pathway could contribute to drug addiction pretty easily. The job of the reward pathway is to make you feel good and release chemicals, when you do a survival. It releases chemical like dopamine. After these are done the brain releases chemical to make you feel good so like a natural high. Drugs have the chemicals in them, which take them to the brain so you feel even better. But because your body naturally releases them, it is used to them being released and feeling good. So if you use drugs more and more your body will stop releasing them and the only was you will get enough to feel good is through drugs. So that is how the reward pathway contributes to drug addiction.
I think the way the reward pathway could contribute to a drug addiction is the same as when we eat food. Because when we get food our 5 senses gather information from our surroundings and signals the brain that you like that food, and once you've eaten the food it lets your brain know that it made you feel good and stores a memory that you like food. So I think the reward pathway does the same thing, but with drugs.
I think the reward pathway contributes to a persons drug addiction because it is responsible for how the person feels and their motivation. Therfore if the person takes a drug and the pathway likes it then the person will keep doing that. The pathway basicly says that drug is your motivation. The person has to take it in order to function. Even though they know it's bad the pathway says its good for them, so they will still keep taking it. I think the pathway is most of the resone for people who have a drug addiction. The pathway just wants to be happy, so by doing that it's going to make the person do lots of bad drugs in order for it to stay how it wants to. Also I think that the pathway will good at one level of a drug but then once it doesn't feel as good as it wants, it signals the other parts of the body saying take more drugs.
The functioning of the reward pathway contributes to drug addiction because drugs release dopamine and other neurotransmitters that make people feel good like after eating when you're hungry. The reward pathway tries to make sure that you do the same thing whenever you can in order to release the dopamine, making you want more drugs. That's it.
The functioning of the reward pathway does contribute to drug addiction. The reward pathway is the part of the brain that is responsible for makeing us feel good when we engage in activities that include eating, drinking, and sex. The chemical dopamine is released in our brains when we are active in those activities, this chemical is what gives us pleasure. So our brains signal that you must do that same thing agin as soon as possible to feel good. When people do drugs our brains produce so much dopamine, you feel on cloud nine. If repeadted several times your brain will eventually run out of dopamine and wont produce any more. That means its very difficult to be happy with out that drug. That means to atleast feel some amount of happiness you must do that drug agin. Thats why drug addictions start and are very hard to quit.
♫Jerry♫ The function of the rewards pathway contributes to a drug addition by releasing massive amounts of the chemical dopamine in your brain. Dopamine makes the user happy and want the substance even more whether it be drug or sandwich.
I get what Ruben is saying though, because both food and drugs trigger the release of dopamine in the reward pathway. Drugs just do it on a bigger scale.
Sorry I was fighting with the comment box. I believe that the reward pathway could contribute a lot to drug addiction. A drug that makes you feel good would cause special neurons in your brain produce dopamine. Dopamine gives you a jolt of pleasure. This would also cause a change in behavior, because your brain stores a memory that it makes you feel good. So, you try to get more of the drug so you can feel that pleasure again and again.
40 comments:
The reward pathway gives you a satisfaction after the consumption of a tasty food and/ or beverage. Eventually your brain will tell you that you need more since it makes you feel better and get through the day. I believe the same principles apply to the use of illegal substances and alcohol. comsuming those substances make you feel good and will leave you wanting more eventually.
How do you think the functioning of the reward pathway could contribute to drug addiction?
The functioning of the reward pathway can contribute to drug addiction in many different ways. One way would be that after you have tried drug for the first time your brain wants more and more of it. It wants to make you feel good, and want to feel the same high over and over again. As you repeatedly take this drug your damaging your brain cells, but you might not care. Drug addiction is like a baby always wanting something to bite on when their little.
The function of the reward pathway could contribute to drug addiction pretty easily. The job of the reward pathway is to make you feel good and release chemicals, when you do a survival. It releases chemical like dopamine. After these are done the brain releases chemical to make you feel good so like a natural high. Drugs have the chemicals in them, which take them to the brain so you feel even better. But because your body naturally releases them, it is used to them being released and feeling good. So if you use drugs more and more your body will stop releasing them and the only was you will get enough to feel good is through drugs. So that is how the reward pathway contributes to drug addiction.
I like your analogy of a baby always wanting something to bite.
I think the way the reward pathway could contribute to a drug addiction is the same as when we eat food. Because when we get food our 5 senses gather information from our surroundings and signals the brain that you like that food, and once you've eaten the food it lets your brain know that it made you feel good and stores a memory that you like food. So I think the reward pathway does the same thing, but with drugs.
I think the reward pathway contributes to a persons drug addiction because it is responsible for how the person feels and their motivation. Therfore if the person takes a drug and the pathway likes it then the person will keep doing that. The pathway basicly says that drug is your motivation. The person has to take it in order to function. Even though they know it's bad the pathway says its good for them, so they will still keep taking it. I think the pathway is most of the resone for people who have a drug addiction. The pathway just wants to be happy, so by doing that it's going to make the person do lots of bad drugs in order for it to stay how it wants to. Also I think that the pathway will good at one level of a drug but then once it doesn't feel as good as it wants, it signals the other parts of the body saying take more drugs.
The functioning of the reward pathway contributes to drug addiction because drugs release dopamine and other neurotransmitters that make people feel good like after eating when you're hungry. The reward pathway tries to make sure that you do the same thing whenever you can in order to release the dopamine, making you want more drugs. That's it.
The functioning of the reward pathway does contribute to drug addiction. The reward pathway is the part of the brain that is responsible for makeing us feel good when we engage in activities that include eating, drinking, and sex. The chemical dopamine is released in our brains when we are active in those activities, this chemical is what gives us pleasure. So our brains signal that you must do that same thing agin as soon as possible to feel good. When people do drugs our brains produce so much dopamine, you feel on cloud nine. If repeadted several times your brain will eventually run out of dopamine and wont produce any more. That means its very difficult to be happy with out that drug. That means to atleast feel some amount of happiness you must do that drug agin. Thats why drug addictions start and are very hard to quit.
♫Jerry♫
The function of the rewards pathway contributes to a drug addition by releasing massive amounts of the chemical dopamine in your brain. Dopamine makes the user happy and want the substance even more whether it be drug or sandwich.
The excess release of dopamine is a huge part of the addiction process. good job because i forgot to mention that
Alexa I agree with you. It does contirbute to drug addictions.
Jesse is correct. The more of a drug u take, the more of it you will need in your next fix!!
I agree with Eric if knowing that makes us feel good, chances are where goin to do them again.
I like how we all have the same basic ideas, but we just reworded it differently. I agree with Eric and Alexa on this one.
I like pie ALOT, that may be why I'm addicted to it, perhaps?
I agree with all of you. Ü
Ruben, I disagree with you. Food and a drug are two different things. You can't even compare them.
Eric is right because the drugs and alcohol make you feel good so you would want to keep doing them
Jerry I agree with you, dopamine does have alot to do with drug addiction.
I believe Eric might actually be addicted to pie. I agree with Jerry's smiley face.
Yeah i agree with everybody =D we're all right no need to discuss this further
Yes Eric that maybe why your addicted to pie. But hey pie is good depending on the flavor.
I disagree with Destinee! Food and drugs are similar, they both release dopamine and you can get addicted to both!! D:
I get what Ruben is saying though, because both food and drugs trigger the release of dopamine in the reward pathway. Drugs just do it on a bigger scale.
I agree with ruben because the body reacts and still feels good if the dopamine is from the brain or drugs
Caffeine is uber addictive too. It isn't taken as seriously or into account as nicotine or alcohol. CAFFEINE!!!!!
Alexa I agree with you, the reward pathway does make you wanna do the same thing again.
Yeah pretty much everyone has the same ideas
yeah everybody's on my side so hush Destinee
I agree with Alexa in saying that the neurotransmitters that make people feel good.
Oh wow...just be careful with caffeine Eric...a lot of bad things can happen with that...
Eric, I see you are also addicted to caffeine.
Alexa,
I get the fact that food does the same thing I was basicly saying that drugs do it more though.
And you CAN NOT get addicted to food..!
I disagree with Destinee you can get addicted to food yo.!
Food CAN be addictive. It also depends on whether a person has an addictive personailty or not! Balls in your court!!!!!
Okay Ruben I agree with you.
Everyone raised a good point. I see it now.
So quit being a hater now..!Ruben.!
To avoid the chair throwing...? ok then..but I'm addicted to cheesecake
Stephany & Alexa.!
You can not get addicted to food. People eat like that because they get depressed.!
Sorry I was fighting with the comment box. I believe that the reward pathway could contribute a lot to drug addiction. A drug that makes you feel good would cause special neurons in your brain produce dopamine. Dopamine gives you a jolt of pleasure. This would also cause a change in behavior, because your brain stores a memory that it makes you feel good. So, you try to get more of the drug so you can feel that pleasure again and again.
You can get addicted to food, because you need to eat and I'm sure everyone here has a favorite food that if they could would live on.
Post a Comment