Monday, February 7, 2011

Personality Profile for AP Psychology

Today's Blog:

Click on the title above to take the personality test. After you have taken the test and received your results please do the following...
  • In the AP PSYCHOLOGY BOX BELOW, post a response analyzing your test results. What aspects of your personality do you think the test measured accurately? Did you receive any results that surprised you or you don't agree with?
  • Respond to at least three other peoples' analysis of their tests results.
  • Create a post stating whether you agree or disagree with Hans and Sybil Eysenck's technique of using FACTOR ANALYSIS to identify a few comprehensive personality traits that can be used to describe all personalities ("see Useful Links" for help). In other words, can the variety of personalities found in the human species be accurately described by using just a few traits?
Grading Criteria:
  • Your initial post should be well thought-out, reflective, and use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation (no text speak!). If these criteria are not followed, it will be rejected and you will be asked to re-write your post.
  • Subsequent posts should remain analytical and support any opinions with evidence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Results were: moderatly High on Extroversion, Very low on Agreeableness, low on conscientiousness, average on neuroticism, and high on open to experience. I think that these results describe me quite well.
As far as extroversion gos I think I'm more extroverted than Introverted. However most people who know me say I'm an introvert. I think this is because usually I do not feel the need to talk at school, but when I'm around my friends I talk alot. Sometimes i feel like I have a split personality, because sometimse all I want to do is daydream, but other times all I want to do is talk.

Unknown said...

My results in agreeableness were not surprising. I don't usually agree with people if they're wrong, and sometimes I can be annoying that way. If someone is wrong and is not open to criticism they are not a person I want to know. I also believe no person is perfect and mostly everyone has at least a few flaws. I think this also explains my perceived introversion somewhat. My score on conscientious was not suprising either. I am definately a spur of the moment person, and I enjoy doing exciting things without thinking about it. My neuroticism is average and I think that is true. However, the sub score 95. Most people don't know me when I'm mad but when I get mad I go crazy. I think I inherited this from my dad. My score on self consciousness was a 1 and this is pretty true. I for the most part do not care what others think about me. My Immoderation was 91, and this is quite true. I have trouble with procrastinating and dealing with tough situations.
My score on openess to experience was a 72. I am a very open person. My adventure level was a 91, quite high which describes me.
This personality test tells me I am a very unbalanced person. I have a lot of things that are high and a lot of things that are low.