We've been talking in class about how prejudice develops. Today we'll do an activity that will help us explore the difference between explicit and implicit prejudice. Click on the title above and explore the Implicit Associations Test. You may explore multiple topics.
After exploring the website do the poll on the right-hand side then post a comment explaining your answer. Then you can reply to other people's comments.
As always, your initial post should use academic language with correct spelling and grammar.
6 comments:
I think that Implicit Associations Tests are very acurate because the result I got for the quiz I took was 100% acurate.
The results i got on the "weapons" test that was weapon use associated with race were fairly inaccurate. It says i use a moderate familiarity of weapons with african americans. It's wrong because i don't.
I took the test for disabled people and i didn't think it was very accurate. It says that i have liitle to noautomatic preference between disable people but i agree that i do.
I took the test for disabled people and i didn't think it was very accurate. It says that i have liitle to noautomatic preference between disable people but i agree that i do.
I took the Age test. I assumed that I would view people my own age more favorably, but was surprised to I was LEAST favorable towards my own age group. I felt like this might be due, in part, to the structure of the test. I started off pushing the buttons more slowly and got faster as I got used to the format. Therefore, I rated the test as moderately accurate.
The test said I viewed teenagers MOST favorabley, which is a good thing since I work with this age group.
I voted and agreed with moderstely accurate because it fits the why i think when i see people and one of the text was about genders and jobs and i felt that i was in the middle and the test told me that. So i dont think only women are nurses and males are army. I think it is all equal and any gender can do what he or she wants with a little time and hard work which pays off.
Post a Comment